McGill University was founded in 1821 and named by James McGill. Today, the University is one of the world's leading universities with excellence in teaching and research programmes. Situated in Montreal, Canada, McGill is attractive for the best minds from over 150 countries. Many alumni have close partnerships with McGill with various projects and collaborations.
McGill University is proud to be ranked:
- 1st in Canada among Medical-Doctorial Universities for 15 consecutive years (Maclean's University Rankings, 2020);
- 31st in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2020);
- 40th in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2021);
- 78th in the world (Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities, 2020).
McGill University encompasses an extensive range of research and academic study areas. McGill University provides 12 Faculties:
- Agricultural and Environmental Sciences;
- School of Continuing Studies;
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies;
- Medicine and Health Sciences;
- Schulich School of Music;
Downtown Campus is a historic building and has many arts heritage. McGill Library is a vast library system in Canada. Located in Montreal's affordable, multilingual, creative city, McGill campuses are studded with green spaces and lots of opportunities. McGill facilities include extensive sports facilities, student services, accommodation, and a welcoming environment.