The education system in New Zealand covers a wide range of qualifications from certificates to PhD.
|New Zealand Diploma|
The education system in New Zealand is divided into 10 levels. High levels imply more complex learning.
|Study area||Agriculture, Horticulture and Viticulture|
|English level requirement||IELTS 6.0|
This programme introduces new areas of dairy manufacturing for those individuals who are employed within the industry as specialists in manufacturing, laboratory, quality, logistics, technical, or other relevant areas. The programme provides students with skills and knowledge in the dairy industry, and is a pathway to career advancement.
Dairy Microbiology and Preservation
Protein and Cream Technology
Cheese and Whey Technology
Milk Powder Technology
Dairy manufacturing Systems
- Wintec’s Certificate in Dairy Technology level 3; or
- New Zealand Certificates in Dairy Manufacturing at level 4; or
- an equivalent foundation qualification assessed as relevant by the Team Manager; or
- NCEA level 3 or higher in Science and Mathematics; or
- be able to demonstrate a level of competency in these subjects assessed as equivalent by the Team Manager; and
- be currently employed in or have a minimum of one year’s practical industry experience in the dairy processing industry.